Our Diabetes Education Program at Knoxville Hospital & Clinics is certified by the State of Iowa and American Diabetes Association. We offer education to inpatients and outpatients regarding diabetes management. Individuals can schedule office visits with the registered dietitian for review of diet or self-management concerns.
Our services include:
- Type 1 diabetes education
- Type 2 diabetes education
- Insulin pump instruction
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Gestational diabetes education
- Nutrition counseling
- Goal setting and Glucometer instruction
- Lifestyle modification and weight loss
Family members or other caregivers can receive instruction at the same time at no additional cost.
Listen to our radio commercial to learn more about the Diabetes Education Program. Click on the triangular button to start the audio file.
For more information, call Hannah Ostrander, Registered Dietitian and Diabetes Educator, at 641-842-1519.