Our Diabetes Education Program at Knoxville Hospital & Clinics is certified by the State of Iowa and American Diabetes Association. We offer education to inpatients and outpatients regarding diabetes management. Individuals can schedule office visits with the registered dietitian for review of diet or self-management concerns.
Our services include:
- Type 1 diabetes education
- Type 2 diabetes education
- Insulin pump instruction
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Gestational diabetes education
- Outpatient medical nutrition therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Goal setting and Glucometer instruction
- Recommendations for lifestyle modification and weight loss
Family members or other caregivers can receive training and instruction at the same time as the patient for no additional cost.