Our Respiratory Therapy Department, under the direction of Gary M. Woodhouse, RRT, offers one of the most skilled respiratory care services in the region. Staff provide support and various treatments for patients diagnosed with: pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis, COPD, respiratory distress syndrome, influenza and other respiratory related diseases. They also work to evaluate, treat and care for patients who have had heart attacks, have been involved in an accident, or have cystic fibrosis, lung cancer or AIDS.
The Respiratory Therapy Department provides the following diagnostic and respiratory services to inpatients and outpatients in our hospital and clinics:
- Taking blood specimens for analysis of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and carbide monoxide in cigarette smokers; and interpreting the data taken from these specimens
- Oxygen saturation tests
- Arterial Blood Gases (ABG), directly measures oxygen saturation and lung function
- Chest percussion vest therapy
- Aerosol nebulizer therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Airway management
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Home oxygen qualifications
For respiratory therapy services, contact Gary Woodhouse, RRT, at 641-842-1465. Clinic hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. On-call personnel are available 24 hours.