What is ENT?
ENT is the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the ears, nose and throat. Also known as otolaryngology, this medical specialty also treats problems in related areas of the head and neck. An ENT specialist, also known as an otolaryngologist, diagnoses and treats ENT disorders through a variety of means such as prescription medications, immunotherapy, or surgery.
What are common ENT conditions?
- Hearing loss
- Ear infection
- Balance disorders and dizziness
- Tinnitus (ear noise)
- Nerve pain or facial and cranial nerve disorders
- Congenital disorders of the ear
- Diseases of the larynx
- Disorders of the mouth and upper esophagus, such as swallowing problems
- Tonsil or adenoid infection
- Parathyroid disease
- Snoring and other sleep disorders
- Chronic sinusitis
- Asthma and allergies
- Deviated septum
When should you see an ENT specialist?
If you suffer from any of the conditions listed above, make an appointment to see Dr. Stephen Griffith. You may also be referred by your primary care provider to see Dr. Griffith if you are diagnosed with a thyroid disorder, sleep disorder, head or neck cancer, or another disease or disorder of the ears, nose or throat. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Griffith, call (641) 842-1441.
Treatment and Services
The following treatments, services, and surgeries are performed by Dr. Griffith.
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Treatment of newborn ear abnormalities
- Cochlear implant
- Pediatric airway disorders
- Sinusitis treatment, including Propel implant
- Chemical cautery therapy
- Nasal congestion treatments, including Celon treatment
- Balloon sinuplasty
Ears and Hearing
- Treatments related to restoring and rehabilitating hearing
Thyroid and Parathyroid
- Treatment for disorders of the thyroid gland
- Treatment for patients with cancerous and noncancerous tumors of the head and neck