What is ENT?
ENT is the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the ears, nose and throat. Also known as otolaryngology, this medical specialty also treats problems in related areas of the head and neck. An ENT specialist, also known as an otolaryngologist, diagnoses and treats ENT disorders through a variety of means such as prescription medications, immunotherapy, or surgery.
What are common ENT conditions?
- Hearing loss
- Ear infection
- Balance disorders and dizziness
- Tinnitus (ear noise)
- Nerve pain or facial and cranial nerve disorders
- Congenital disorders of the ear
- Diseases of the larynx
- Disorders of the mouth and upper esophagus, such as swallowing problems
- Tonsil or adenoid infection
- Parathyroid disease
- Snoring and other sleep disorders
- Chronic sinusitis
- Asthma and allergies
- Deviated septum
When should you see an ENT specialist?
If you suffer from an ears, nose or throat condition, make an appointment to see Dr. Stephen Griffith. Dr. Griffith specializes in the following services and surgical care. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Griffith, call (641) 842-1555.
- Balloon sinuplasty
- Chemical cautery therapy
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Nasal congestion treatments, including Celon treatment
- Sinusitis treatment, including Propel implant
Ears and Hearing
- Adult and pediatric ear infections
- Ear tubes
- Treatments related to restoring and rehabilitating hearing
Thyroid and Parathyroid
- Surgical treatment of disorders of the thyroid gland
- Treatment for patients with cancerous and noncancerous tumors of the head and neck