This is a Part Time position with 2 scheduled days per week with an occasional weekend and up to 50 % coverage of Holidays. Hours are 6:30am – 7pm
The Emergency Room Clerk is responsible for:
- Admitting and discharging patients using computerized systems and obtains accurate insurance and patient information.
- Guarantees all required consent forms are signed and advance directives are identified.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and connects callers to the appropriate parties engaging in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Performs cashier functions when necessary.
- Ensures Doctor’s approval is obtained prior to service being rendered on Medipass patients.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of hospital levels of care.
- HS graduate or equivalent
- Prior insurance, clerical, and computer data entry knowledge is required.
- Mandatory Report certification upon hire or on the first day of employment.
- Required to complete all annual competency training and maintain license and/or certification.
- Current active CNA or EMT is preferred.
This is a Part Time position with available benefits for medical, Retirement plan, FSA, and accrued vacation.
*Covid 19 vaccine required or qualified exemption.