This is a Full-Time position working 3 – 12-hour shifts per week with occasional weekends and 50% of holiday coverage 6:30pm – 7:00am
The Emergency Room Clerk is responsible for:
- Admitting and discharging patients using computerized systems and obtains accurate insurance and patient information.
- Guarantees all required consent forms are signed and advance directives are identified.
- Receives and screens telephone calls and connects callers to the appropriate parties engaging in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Performs cashier functions when necessary.
- Ensures Doctor’s approval is obtained prior to service being rendered on Medipass patients.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of hospital levels of care.
- HS graduate or equivalent
- Prior insurance, clerical, and computer data entry knowledge is required, basic knowledge of Microsoft software, previous healthcare experience preferred, experience in electronic medical records preferred.
- Mandatory Report certification upon hire or on the first day of employment.
- Required to complete all annual competency training and maintain license and/or certification to include Managment of Aggressive Behavior, CPR, and Hazmat Operations within 1 year of hire date.
- Current active CNA or EMT is preferred and encouraged to apply.
This is a Full-Time position with available benefits for medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, Retirement Plan match up to 4.5%, accrued vacation and sick time, Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Employee Life, and Employee AD&D, and Tuition Reimbursement plan.
*COVID 19 vaccination required or qualified exemption