This is a Full-Time position, working 36-40 hours a week, 4 days a week with every 3rd weekend.
- Works in the dish room scraping trays, loading and unloading dish machine, sorting silverware and putting clean dishes in their proper place. This includes the pot and pan area, logging the dish machine temperatures and notifying supervisor if not in compliance with standards.
- Removes trash to disposal area and cleans trash containers.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen and cafeteria.
- Ensures that trays, utensils, and all serviceware are clean prior to placing in service.
- Transports supplies to various areas of the department and hospital. Also completes floor stock inventory daily
- Prepare, portion, and assemble food and beverages for patient and resident service.
- Is familiar with tray identification system as related to the patient/resident menu program. Delivers and collects patient/resident trays during meal service. This includes delivery of early and late patient trays when ordered by Nursing staff.
- Carries an assortment of condiments and miscellaneous supplies to the patient/resident wings to alleviate problems with menu errors, and to meet patient/resident requests according to the prescribed Nutrition Care Order.
- Reports all meal service related problems, as observed, on patient/resident wings on the “Host/Hostess Problem Record” and notifies the Director of Nutrition Services of the same.
- Records food and fluid intake on I&O cards in patient rooms, as well as on census sheet for residents. Also follows proper procedure for patients/residents on calorie counts.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent preferred.
- Food Service worker experience preferred.
- Food Handler’s Certificate or ServSafe Certification preferred or agreement to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures. Possess abilities to carry out tasks and functions listed under specific duties.
- Required to complete all annual competency training and maintain license and/or certification.
This is a full-time position with benefits offered such as medical, dental, vision, company paid basic life, basic AD&D, short term and long-term disability, paid time off and a 403b retirement plan.