This is a PRN (as needed) position schedule will vary based on the needs of the Department
Under the direction of the Director of Nutrition Services or designee the incumbent performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled kitchen/cafeteria related duties as assigned according to departmental need. Must be proficient in positions of Nutrition Services to include Cook, Cafeteria Worker, Diet clerk and Food Service Worker I. Follows directions for the safe and sanitary use of cleaning agents. Cleans assigned area, equipment and surfaces according to departmental procedures and schedules. Alerts supervisor to problems or needs concerning equipment, food supply, sanitation and safety. Assists in the training of Food Service Workers as needed. Completes all annual competency training as required. Displays knowledge and skills as appropriate for patients of any age, including the neonate, child, adolescent, geriatric, and the terminally ill patient.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent preferred
- Food Service worker experience preferred
- Food Handler’s Certification or ServSafe Certification preferred or agreement to obtain within 60 days of hire
- Ability to carry out tasks and functions listed under specific duties
- Required to complete all annual competency training and maintain license and/or certification
Retirement Plan available
*COVID 19 vaccination required or qualified exemption.