The Patient Care Tech is an integral part of the nursing care team who works under the direction and supervision of RNs/LPNs. He/she is a specially trained nursing assistant in the nursing unit who is responsible for the clerical and receptionist functions of the unit. He/She should reflect an atmosphere of calmness and professionalism to patients, visitors and other health team members through a courteous and tactful approach. The Patient Care Tech provides assistance to the patient in carrying out ADLs, performs assigned nursing and non-nursing tasks; identifies potential problems and communicates them appropriately. The Patient Care Tech works cooperatively with other members of the health care team to assist in attainment of patient goals and to provide a clean, safe, pleasant environment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Certification from at least a 75 hour nurse aide course on hire.
- Previous patient care experience, telephone, clerical and computer experience required.
- Current BCLS certification, must be able to read, write and follow written or oral instructions.
- Current Mandatory Reporter or acquire within three months of hire.
- Must display a high degree of empathetic understanding and kindness towards patients and visitors.
This is a PRN (as needed) and will work various shifts
Retirement Plan available
*COVID 19 vaccination required or qualified exemption