The Patient Care Tech is an integral part of the nursing care team who works under the direction and supervision of RN’s/LPN’s.
Job posting: FT
The schedule may vary based on needs but normal schedule will be Nights 6pm – 6am, 36/hrs weekly, every 3rd weekend.
- Promptly answers telephone calls and routes call appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provides nutritional and hydration support and assists patients with personal hygiene/elimination needs.
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and understanding of patient needs for personal care and comfort.
- Consistently takes and records vital signs and other measurements as applicable and reports any abnormal findings to appropriate staff.
- Assists nurses with treatments and procedures as directed, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Consistently demonstrates responsibility for cost containment and ensures that all patient charges are properly recorded.
- Strictly follows and enforces the principles of infection control standards.
- Certification from at least a 75 hours nurses aide course on hire.
- Previous patient care experience, telephone, clerical and computer experience required.
- Current BCLS certificate.
- Current Mandatory Reporter or acquire within three months of hire
*COVID 19 vaccination required or qualified exemption.