The Surgical Services RN is responsible for the planning, executing, directing and evaluating direct and indirect nursing care given to the surgical patient. This care includes the pre-operative phase, intra-operative phase and post-operative phase of patient care. Ensures that proper technique and practices are used according the accepted standards and guidelines.
- Documentation of all necessary times, events, medications used, patient changes, etc.
- Checks rooms, material and equipment for proper handling and ensures a clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safety, fire, explosive hazards and aseptic/sterile technique.
- Performs daily safety and biological tests daily.
- Perform monthly cleaning duties and crash cart checks.
- Perform central sterile duties such as washing instruments, packing trays, using all equipment to clean, process and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Ensure all supplies and instruments needed are ready available for full surgery schedule.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for his or her own work and those under their supervision.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Current RN license in the State of Iowa.
- Current Mandatory Reporter, BLS, with ACLS preferred within 1 year of hire.
- One year of experience in a surgical department or an acute care facility preferred.
This is a full time position with benefits offered such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, life, disability and a 403b retirement plan.
*COVID 19 Vaccine required or qualified exemption