KNOXVILLE, IA – Knoxville Hospital & Clinics (KHC) is opening its east Howard entrance for non-Emergency patients and hospital visitors on Tuesday, May 19. All patients and visitors will continue to be screened in their vehicles prior to entering the KHC campus.
How to enter campus:
- The main parking lot entrance from Highway 14 (Lincoln Street) will be closed.
- All patients and visitors must enter the KHC campus from Howard Street.
- The east Howard entrance is designated for non-Emergency patients and all hospital visitors, including clinic patients, outpatient testing, and surgery patients.
- Emergency patients will continue to access the Emergency Department from the designated Emergency entrance (on the east side of the helipad).
- Entrance hours:
- The east Howard entrance is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please use the Emergency entrance before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m. on weekdays and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- KHC staff will be stationed at KHC parking lot entrances to screen individuals in their vehicles for the following symptoms: fever, cold, flu, cough, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. To enter the building, individuals presenting with at least one of these symptoms will be directed to the Bell Avenue Clinic for further evaluation.
- Individuals must wear a sticker in the hospital, provided by hospital staff at the time they are screened, which indicates they have been cleared to enter KHC.
- KHC continues to not permit visitors into the building with the exception of surgery, hospice, pediatric and critical emergency situations. Only one person in these select situations is allowed to be with the patient.
- KHC encourages all patients and visitors over the age of two to wear a homemade face covering or face mask when visiting KHC locations.
KHC encourages patients to schedule a visit with their provider to maintain their healthy lifestyle. To schedule an appointment:
- At the Knoxville Clinic, call (641) 842-7211
- At the Pleasantville Clinic, call (515) 848-3113
- At the Red Rock Healthcare Clinic in Pella (opening June 1), call (641) 628-2222
- For Mobile Express Care, visit https://knoxvillehospital.org/clinics/request-a-virtual-visit/
Please allow extra time for the screening process prior to a scheduled visit. We understand these screenings may be an inconvenience, but it is an important step in our dedication to protecting the health of our patients, staff, families, and community due to the recent cases of COVID-19 in Iowa.
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics is a non-profit community hospital serving Marion County and the surrounding area. Named a “Top 100 Critical Access Hospital” and Voted as Best of Red Rock Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “Best Hospitality”, KHC’s highly skilled medical staff and specialists provide personal, compassionate and innovative quality health care to patients. For more information regarding this release and other happenings at Knoxville Hospital & Clinics, call Public Relations at (641) 842-1485.