KNOXVILLE – Knoxville Hospital & Clinics will officially open its new main entrance and reception area Tuesday, April 26. This marks the completion of the $15 million modernization and expansion project.
The new main entrance includes a canopied drop-off area. Upon entrance, an admissions desk and staff will be immediately available. Also included in the reception area will be several new seating areas.
“We really wanted this main entrance to serve as a grand welcoming for our patients, visitors and guests,” said Kevin Kincaid, Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve brightened up the space and added special touches to provide a welcome and open, friendly environment.”
Other completions of the modernization and expansion project include:
- Remodeled and enlarged inpatient rooms creating additional space and privacy for patients and family.
- Expansion and renovation of the Emergency Department resulting in more privacy, efficiency, confidentiality, and safety for patients and staff.
- Renovations to the Surgery Department allowing for the use of advanced technology in the operating rooms, a fully equipped endoscopy suite, and additional pre and post-operative rooms.
- A new primary care clinicproviding modern efficiencies, added space, comfortable waiting areas, and extra privacy.
- A new Physical Therapy gym offering a large open space for rehabilitation care and occupational therapy, as well as three private treatment rooms and a designated occupational therapy area.
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics will celebrate with a grand opening this summer.
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics, a Critical Access Hospital serving Marion County and the surrounding area, is dedicated to providing personal, progressive quality health care with compassion. For more information regarding this release and other happenings at Knoxville Hospital & Clinics, call the Public Relations office at (641) 842-1418 or visit www.knoxvillehospital.org.