Knoxville Hospital & Clinics’ Infusion Center provides outpatient infusion therapies by a staff of experienced and specialized registered nurses. Infusion therapy is used to treat cancer, acute health conditions, and chronic diseases that require intravenous medications or injections. We offer a range of infusion therapies, including, but not limited to:
- Anti-rejection medication
- Chemotherapy (Coming fall 2018)
- Pre-medications (e.g., anti-nausea, anti-inflammatory)
- Hydration therapy
- IV antibiotic therapy
- IV immune globulin
- Fluid hydration therapy
- Procuring specimens for lab testing
- Transfusion of blood products
Infusion Center Conveniences
We believe in delivering exceptional, patient-centered care, which includes making our patients as comfortable as possible during their visit. We offer:
- Open infusion bays
- Family waiting
- Warm blankets
- Meals, during regular mealtimes
- You can enjoy your own music selection, read a book or magazine, or watch your favorite TV program.
The Infusion Center offers flexible scheduling Monday through Friday, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., with added availability on weekends as needed. This flexibility will allow you to maintain your normal routine with appointments at times convenient for you.
Your healthcare provider can order your therapy through our Infusion Center. Once the Infusion staff have been notified of your referral, we will call you and schedule your appointment.
For more information, please contact Sue Flander, RN, at 641-842-1510.