Speech therapy focuses on assessing, diagnosing and treating patients with communication problems that result from disability, surgery or developmental
Speech language pathologists specialize in the evaluation and treatment of speech, cognitive skills, receptive (understanding speech) and expressive (speaking) language skills, voice quality, fluency, and swallowing function. Speech therapy services focus on obtaining goals related to:
- Articulation skills
- Receptive language (understanding speech)
- Expressive language (speaking)
- Chewing and swallowing
- Thinking, memory and learning skills
- Voice quality and volume
- Voice fluency
Speech Language Specialists
- Megan Gerjets, M.S. CCC-SLP, is assistant administrator and speech language pathologist for Central Rehabilitation in West Des Moines. To schedule an appointment to see Megan Gerjets at the Knoxville Hospital & Clinics, please call 515-224-0979.
- Kyle Saddoris is also with Central Rehabilitation in West Des Moines. Appointments with Kyle can be scheduled by calling 515-224-0979.