Dr. Steven C. Johnson is a visiting specialist and physician partner at Wolfe Eye Clinic. He has more than 30 years of experience.
Dr. Johnson is a fellowship trained corneal and refractive surgery subspecialist, also treating general ophthalmology, including treatment of cataracts, glaucoma and other ocular disorders.
During the course of his fellowship in the late 1980s, Dr. Johnson worked on one of the first excimer laser prototypes in the United States. He was a principal clinical investigator on the Technolas Excimer Laser and studies of the LASIK and PRK procedure. Dr. Johnson has written a textbook chapter on the excimer laser and astigmatism. Dr. Johnson is board-certified and is a member of the International Society of Refractive Surgeons.
Services offered by Dr. Johnson include:
- Corneal disease evaluation and treatment
- Cataract evaluation and treatment
To make an appointment to see Dr. Johnson in Knoxville, please call 515-223-8685. Dr. Johnson sees patients and performs surgeries in Knoxville on the 2nd Monday of each month.
The Wolfe Eye Clinic’s specialty clinic is located at:
Visiting Specialty Clinic
1008 Bell Ave., Suite 105
Knoxville, IA 50138
- University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine, Graduated in 1984
- University of California San Diego, Ophthalmology, Chief resident
- Central Iowa Health System – Methodist, Internship, Transitional Year
- University of Connecticut, Corneal and anterior segment surgery.
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Certified in Ophthalmology
- IA State Medical License, Active through 2019
- Corneal and refractive surgery specialist, also treating general ophthalmology
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons.
- CMS Stage 1 EHR, 2013