Current license as a Registered Nurse in Iowa, BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications, Mandatory Reporter Training, one year general Medical/Surgical experience preferred.
- Use assessment skills and techniques to determine patient needs and condition upon admission and on an ongoing basis, responding appropriately.
- Completes and documents the nursing admission assessment in a thorough and accurate manner as defined by unit policy.
- Assesses the need for patient and family education.
- Hourly Rounding on patients.
- Initiate, develop and document patient plan of care based on patient’s assessment and medical diagnosis and setting priorities for nursing action in accordance with the unit’s policy on time-frames.
- Review and update the plan of care once every 24 hours or as necessary.
- Develop a patient education and discharge plan as necessary.
- Collaborates with other health team members in planning and providing care.
- Delegates care to team members based on complexity, staff education and competency, state regulations and Knoxville Hospital and Clinics’ policy.
- Provides safe and comprehensive nursing care according to state regulations, hospital policy and procedure.
- Establish care priorities based on patient problems; communicate with staff and new employees of patient problems, concerns, and changes in condition. Notify physician promptly regarding concerns.
- Must be proficient in medication administration, including IV therapy, as evidenced by lack of medication errors, reports medication errors.
- Perform procedures accurately, completely, and safely according to established policy and procedure and physician orders.
- Provide care with minimal supervision in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe work environment for patients and coworkers. Uses safety precautions and PPE appropriately.
- Use an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
- Use critical thinking skills to intervene with appropriate care for urgent or emergent patient care needs.
- Care of acute and chronically ill patients.
- Able to identify and manage life-sustaining physiologic functions in unstable patients.
- IV and Central Line management skills.
- Additional Essential Functions and certifications as needed for area.
Job posting: PRN (as needed)
*The schedule may fluctuate based upon needs of the department.
*COVID 19 vaccination required or qualified exemption.