The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day.
The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the autoimmune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalization, the Barnes family deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick as well as his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way. More than 2,500 healthcare facilities in 15 countries and 50 states now honor extraordinary nurses with The DAISY Award.
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics, through its affiliation with MercyOne is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner.
Do you know a nurse who has gone above and beyond in order to make a difference? The DAISY award celebrates nurses who have demonstrated extraordinary clinical skill as well as compassionate care. Nominations are being accepted until April 1, 2022 for the DAISY Award.
Anyone is able to submit their nominations.
Submit your nomination
The DAISY Award Development Committee created the nomination criteria as well as the Selection Committee Membership guidelines. Nominations may be made by patients and their families, physicians, managers, peers, staff, community members or faculty members.
- The nominee must have a current, unencumbered, Iowa Registered Nurse License or a Licensed Practical Nurse delivering direct patient care and/or significantly impacting such. Advanced Practice Nurses are eligible.
- Has worked a minimum of 2 years in the facility with at least 1 year as a Registered Nurse or LPN.
- Is currently practicing in the hospital or a department/area owned by the facility; i.e. Clinic or Long Term Care settings.
- Completion of the formal Nomination Form will be submitted to the DAISY Award Selection Committee by the designated date set by the facility committee.
- Two character references will be requested for each nominee by the Selection Committee which will include one reference from direct supervisor/manager and one reference from physician, peer and or an ancillary department staff member.
The DAISY Award Facility Selection Committee will include at least the following membership:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Nurse Leader
- Designated Person (HR Manager etc.) per facility choice
Depending on your symptoms, sensitivities and severity, you may need to employ one or more of these therapies. We will work with you to develop a specific treatment regimen that suits your individual needs.
Ways to submit your nomination:
- Submit an online nomination by completing this form.
- Put your nomination form in a collection box located in in the Surgery waiting area, Knoxville Clinic waiting area, Emergency Department waiting room, Medical/Surgical (Hospital) waiting area, or Cafeteria. You can also submit forms to the Administration Office.
Contact Megan Sutter at 641-842-1402 or email@example.com, if you have any questions.