If you have recently been diagnosed with diabetes or have been living with it for years, you don’t have to manage it alone.
Join us for our monthly support group.
The meetings will be held at 1 p.m. in the KHC Learning Center.
Thursday, September 22
Thursday, December 22
Thursday, October 27
Thursday, November 17
Living Well with Diabetes is free and open to anyone with diabetes or pre-diabetes, those with a family member with the disease, or anyone wanting to learn more.
The support group will be led by KHC Dietitians Laurynn Verry and Susie Roberts.
Want to learn how to manage your diabetes better? By attending, you will:
- Gain a better understanding of what diabetes is, the causes, signs, and symptoms, and how to avoid acute and chronic complications.
- Hear practical advice on ways to make managing blood sugar easier.
- Personally connect with others who understand what you are going through.
- Identify three things you can start doing today to improve your health.
- Learn about diabetes medications and recent developments in technology including continuous glucose monitoring devices.
- And more!
For questions, call (641) 842-1522. If you are not able to attend in person, a Zoom link will be available.