When you have a serious or life-threatening emergency, you trust Knoxville Hospital & Clinics’ (KHC) Emergency health care professionals to provide you with immediate, compassionate, quality care. Our staff are the “best of the best” at what they do; however, they need a facility that matches their level of expertise and the level of care you’ve come to expect.
The KHC Foundation is proud to announce its campaign to support an exciting – and necessary – renovation for our Emergency Room to better serve you and address the needs of our community!
This investment will increase staff workspace and provide additional private rooms for patient care, which is especially critical when patients with mental health needs stay an extended time waiting to be transferred to a long-term care facility.
We invite you to join us in our efforts as we continue to humbly serve Knoxville and the surrounding areas. Please take a moment to learn about our “why” on this page – watch the accompanying video, read about our plans, and thank our sponsors for supporting our efforts. THANK YOU for your investment! We appreciate your support!
About The Emergency Room Renovation
- The Knoxville Hospital Emergency Department sees more than 5,600 patient visits per year (over 15/day).
- The current facility has one trauma room and only two private rooms, which do not include private bathroom facilities. More private rooms are necessary, especially for patients with mental health needs who cannot be transferred out of the ER as quickly because of a lack of long-term care options.
- Mental health visits account for 5-6% of total Emergency Room visits at KHC. The average wait for a transfer of these patients in FY20 increased by 31% to 22 hours, an average of 5.2 hours longer.
Proposed renovations would:
- Add additional private rooms with bathroom facilities.
- Be designed for the safety and comfort of patients and staff, increasing staff workspace and enhancing workflow.
$82,000 raised for Emergency Room renovation! Congratulations to our prize winners!
The Knoxville Hospital & Clinics (KHC) Foundation’s recent online fundraiser raised more than $82,000 for the hospital’s Emergency Room renovation, with a lead gift from Don and Margaret Long.
THANK YOU for either donating to the cause or purchasing a ticket for the Trip Getaway raffle!!! We are truly humbled and blessed by the outpouring of support and generosity from our community, friends, business partners, and sponsors.
Congratulations to the following winners of the Trip Getaway and the three donor-tiered prize drawings!
- Tina Shilling – Trip Getaway raffle, with her choice of one of four travel destinations.
- Dude and Rachel Hoehns – Knoxville Raceway & Checkered Flag Concessions donated an 8-person suite, 2 VIP passes, and food and beverages for a 2021 race.
- Drs. Jason and Lily Maasdam – Peace Tree Brewing Company donated a private beer pairing dinner at owner Megan McKay’s home.
- Diane Wilson – The #IChooseKnoxville package included donations from Grand Theater, Baggio’s, Candi’s, A&P, The Coffee Connection, and Ramaeker’s Screen Printing.
Trip Getaway raffle winner Tina Shilling
#IChooseKnoxville donor prize winner Diane Wilson
Inquiries / Other Ways to Give
Contributions can also be mailed to: KHC Foundation, attn: Kevin Stittsworth, 1002 S. Lincoln, Knoxville IA 50138.
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com or call (641) 842-1485.