Treatment for chronic pain
When you are in pain, it's sometimes difficult to focus on anything else in your life.
Knoxville Hospital & Clinics provides patients with skilled pain medicine specialists who provide comprehensive treatment options for those who suffer from acute, chronic, widespread, or work-related pain. Patient care is coordinated through our pain management specialists who are experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic spine and neck injuries as well as degenerative conditions.
Our specialists evaluate and provide treatment of:
Lower back and neck pain | Joint pain | Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) or complex regional pain syndrome | Facial and head pain | Fibromyalgia and chronic muscle pain syndromes | Joint arthritis | Migraines and headaches | Neck, shoulder and arm pain | Nerve pain
Pain Management Treatment Options
- Facet joint injections. Facet joints are the joints in your spine that make your back flexible and enable you to bend and twist.
- Greater trochanteric bursa hip injection. Trochanteric bursitis is inflammation of the bursa sac that lies over the outside part of your thigh bone, where it joins the hip.
- Lumbar epidural steroid injection. A common treatment for many forms of lower back and leg pain (sciatica).
- Occipital nerve block. A procedure involving injection of a steroid or other medication around the greater and lesser occipital nerves that are located on the back of the head just above the neck area.
- Peripheral nerve block. This procedure involves injecting a local anesthetic near the nerve, or nerves, that control sensation and movement to a specific part of the body.
- Piriformis muscle injection. Common conditions for which this procedure is used include piriformis muscle spasm and inflamation.
- Sacroiliac joint steroid injection. These injections are given directly to the sacroiliac joint located at the bottom of the spine.
- Trigger-point injections. This outpatient procedure designed to reduce or relieve upper and lower back, neck, and shoulder/arm pain caused by trigger points (small knots that can form in muscles or in the facial tissue).
Daniel Moyse, MD
Daniel Moyse, MD, specializes in Pain Management and sees patients in Knoxville. Dr. Moyse is employed by the Pain Specialists of Iowa in Des Moines.
To schedule an appointment to see Dr. Moyse in Knoxville, please call (641) 842-1555.
Allen Eckhoff, MD
Allen Eckhoff, MD, specializes in Pain Management and sees patients in Knoxville. Dr. Eckhoff is employed by the Pain Specialists of Iowa in Des Moines.
To schedule an appointment to see Dr. Eckhoff in Knoxville, please call (641) 842-1555.