Dr. Stephen R. Griffith is an otolaryngologist (also known as an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor) and has been in practice for more than 30 years. He is currently a member of KHC’s staff, as well as affiliated with the Iowa ENT Center. He previously held a position with McFarland Clinic as chairman of the Department of Otolaryngology, in Ames, Iowa.
For an appointment to see Dr. Griffith, contact our Specialty Clinic at (641) 842-1555. Dr. Griffith will be seeing patients monthly in Knoxville (see the specialists’ calendar for details.) For additional information on the services and surgical care provided by Dr. Griffith, please visit the ENT Services page.
- Ohio State University, Department of Otologic Research, Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio State University, Otolaryngology residency, Columbus, Ohio
- Mt. Carmel Medical Center, General Surgery internship, Columbus, Ohio
- Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, Ohio, Graduated in 1985
- B.S. from the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Iowa State Medical License (2004-2019)
Full scope of disorders involving the ears, nose, and throat, including treatment of ear infections and disorders in children and adults, nasal obstruction, nasal discharge and drainage, chronic sinus infections, hoarseness, head and neck masses and cancer, snoring problems, and thyroid and parathyroid abnormalities or tumors. Specialty options include the full spectrum of pediatric ENT services and surgical and nonsurgical treatments for nasal and sinus conditions, including chemical nasal cautery.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Iowa Medical Society
- Story County Medical Society
- Iowa Otolaryngology
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification
- EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013