This is a PRN position hours will vary depending on schedule.
The Emergency Room Technician (ERT) is an integral part of the nursing care team working under the supervision of RNs. This position assists nursing personnel in providing patient care in the emergency department and performs procedures assigned on preparation and /or treatment of patients. An individualized approach of care is utilized based on the nursing process. The tech uses primary and secondary assessment skills (reports observations verbally), contributes to the plan of patient care and skillfully implements delegated nursing procedures. The ERT promotes and participates in patient and family education and rehabilitation. The ERT works with other departments to provide a clean, safe, stimulating environment.
- Certified Nurse Aide certification or EMTB Certification required.
- Previous patient care experience helpful especially in an emergency setting.
- Phone and Computer experience preferred.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current Mandatory Certification.
- Must be able to read, write, follow written and oral instructions, and be able to communicate with others effectively.
- Must display a high degree of empathetic understanding and kindness toward patients and visitors.
- Required to complete all annual competency training and maintain license and/or certification.
*COVID 19 Vaccine required or authorized exemption.