This position comes with a $1,000 Sign on Bonus
The Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist is an integral part of the Laboratory team performing phlebotomy in all areas of the hospital, covering geriatrics through pediatric patients. The qualified candidate will operate automated equipment as directed, assist with charting of patient results, complete lab records and Quality control, and maintain a clean work environment. He/She will assist with accessioning of samples and referral to offsite reference labs, handle physician reports by operation of various office machines, assist in taking telephone orders and aids in handling supplies, maintaining work areas, and performance of equipment with routine maintenance and documentation.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Prior Laboratory experience preferred
- 6 months training as a phlebotomist and or Laboratory Aide from previous clinical / hospital lab. Will consider in-house training.
- Phlebotomy Certification Required
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends and on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Required to complete all annual competency training and maintain license and/or certification.
This is a Full-Time position and salary will be based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, Company paid life and disability insurance, vacation and sick time off, worked Holiday paid at double time, 403b retirement with up to 4.5% company match, tuition assistance available.
*COVID 19 Vaccine required or qualified exemption