Performs a variety of Environmental Services activities designed to maintain KHC in an orderly, sanitary, safe, and attractive condition. Work activities are scheduled and unscheduled in nature and are subject to frequent interruptions.
- The Environmental Services Technician frequently exercises judgment with regard to appropriate chemical supplies and equipment to use, conditions of equipment, fixtures and facility which reflect a satisfactory level of cleanliness and sanitary quality, and in situations in which patient comfort, restfulness, or general well-being may be affected by work activities.
- Vacuums, dust mops, and wet-mops offices, patient rooms, and hallways.
- Periodically strips, waxes, buffs floors using floor scrubbing and buffing machine.
- Cleans assigned areas: wash furnishings, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions; polish sinks, tubs, drinking fountains, toilets, mirrors, and similar apparatus; wash walls, light switches and telephones; keep all area picked up.
- Collects and removes waste.
- Uses dust and damp cloths, ladders, and vacuum cleaner to clean windowsills, air vents, molding furniture, & TV’s.
- Performs specialized cleaning procedures such as preparing isolation room for new patients, which require knowledge of advanced housekeeping methods and techniques.
- Moves furniture as required to clean and moves/carries furniture and fixtures as required to relocate areas, such as relocating an office from one area of the building to another.
- Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning area.
- Replenishes hospital area with supplies of hand cleaner, paper towels, toilet tissue, and other disposable items. Fills out activity reports and maintenance slips as required.
High school graduate or GED equivalent preferred. Six (6) months housekeeping experience preferred.
Must be able to comprehend and follow written or verbal instructions and established procedures. Exceptional customer service skills.
This is a PRN (as needed) position without benefits.
*COVID 19 vaccination required or qualified exemption.